Thursday, November 18, 2010
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Sunday, July 4, 2010
- AF = Ancestral File
- AFN = Ancestral File Number
- BEPS = Baptism, Endowment, Sealed to Parents, Sealed to Spouse
- BIC = Born in the Covenant
- BMD = Birth, Marriage, Death
- FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
- FHC = Family History Center
- FS = Family Search
- FSBeta = Family Search Beta
- GEDCOM - Format for easily sharing data
- GSU - Genealogical Society of Utah - partnered with FHC on many projects
- IGI = International Genealogical Index
- MRIN - Computer generated number for marriage
- NEW.FS = New Family Search
- Ordinance Index = List of temple work already provided up to July 2009.
- PAF = Personal Ancestral File
- Pedigree Resource File - a program instigated after the Ancestral file was closed.
- PERSI = Periodical Source Index
- RIN - Computer generated number for individuals
- Temple Ready - is now replaced by new.familysearch. It means checking the IGI and new.familysearch for ordinances already done.
- TIB = Temple Index Bureau
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator = website address
- B = birth
- M = marriage
- D = death
- Bu = burial
- Chr = Christening [not LDS blessing]
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress.
Genealogists live in the past lane.
Genealogy is the marriage of a jigsaw puzzle to a Dungeons & Dragons game.
Genealogists are time unravelers.
Genealogists don't die, they just lose their census.
Genealogy: It' all relative in the end.
I'd rather look for dead people than have them look for me.
I'm always late; my ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.